In this guide, you will learn how to connect a professional handheld barcode scanning terminal to your Odoo WMS.
You can also connect a barcode scanner to your Odoo WMS in other ways:
- Android mobile phone as a scanner + Ventor
- Bluetooth or Wired barcode readers in pair with your Android mobile phone
- If you use Zebra mobile computers, please check these instructions;
- Install the Ventor app on your device (Download Demo APK);
- Connect to your Odoo instance (Odoo 8 – Odoo 13, CE and EE);
- Activate appropriate setting in Ventor app. Go to the settings menu > ‘Ventor configurations’ and turn on the setting “External barcode scanner”;
- To check how it works you can go to “Info” menu and scan a barcode of any product you have using the external scanner;
If no success, you must probably activate some “Keyboard output” setting in the settings of the device (usually activated by default).